Discomfort in the urinary tract is often caused by the bacteria Escherichia coli (E. coli) from the intestine, its natural habitat. When this bacteria, which is housed in the intestine, reaches the urethra and the bladder, it can become established and lead to discomfort. Women tend to suffer from this more frequently than men, because their urethra is anatomically shorter.
Cistitus is the range of products based on American Redcurrant, with a high concentration of proanthocyanidins (PACs). Proanthocyanidins (PAC's) are compounds found in the American Redcurrant that help decrease the adherence of certain bacteria such as Escherichia coli to the walls of the urinary tract*.
Three types of packaging:
- Cistitus® 15 tablets: CN 339506.
- Cistitus® 30 tablets: CN 156558.
- Cistitus® 60 tablets: CN 162965.
* This is a food supplement to be taken regularly.
* Method of use:
- Take 1 tablet a day, preferably before going to bed, for at least 1 month.
- Repeat the dosage of Cistitus® 3 or 4 times a year.
- An additional post-coital dosage is recommended in women.
* Suitable for pregnant women and children.
No known adverse effects.
Do NOT take Cistitus® tablets:
- With the use of oral anti-coagulants.
- People with a tendency to suffer urolithiasis (kidney stones).
Help with the urinary tract.
Ingredients: American Redcurrant extract (Vaccinium macrocarpon) with 130 mg of proanthocyanidins (PACs), microcrystalline cellulose (stabiliser), magnesium stearate (stabiliser), silicon oxide (anti-caking agent), interlaced carboxymethyl cellulose (stabiliser), hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (stabiliser), polydextrose (stabiliser), maltodextrin (binding substance), talc (anti-caking agent), colouring: titanium dioxide, iron oxide, riboflavin, carminic acid.
Food supplements should not be used to replace a varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Do not exceed the recommended daily allowance. Keep in a cool, dry place away from sunlight. Keep out of the reach of children.